The black MX61 from Yamaha is a sixty-one key music synthesizer that combines more than 1,000 MOTIF XS sounds, class-compliant USB Audio/MIDI connectivity, along with DAW control features and iOS integration. The sounds include instruments like acoustic piano, electric piano, strings, drums, as well as complex eight-element synthesizer sounds. Each voice can be customized and stored, including the on-board VCM (Virtual Circuit Modeling) effects, which are designed to simulate the effects found on vintage keyboards. A performance mode allows for combining voices on the keyboard using dedicated "split" and "layer buttons," handy for creating performances that simulate a whole band playing.
In addition to the tone generator and performance mode, the keyboard is a capable USB Audio and MIDI Interface. Connect a USB cable to a computer and monitor all the sounds from a DAW via the headphone output, or connect to external studio monitors. The audio interface is bi-directional which allows for recording the internal sounds of the keyboard directly to the computer. Connect an additional controller to the computer via the MIDI-in port, or use the keyboard to control other MIDI devices, such as hardware sequencers and groove boxes via the MIDI-out port.
Beyond the USB audio/MIDI port, the keyboard also has a USB to Device port for connecting USB devices for storing the internal data to external memory. WAV files can also be played back directly from a USB stick using this port. An auxiliary stereo mini jack is available for playing back audio from external audio devices like iPods. Additionally, the synthesizer features knobs and buttons for controlling internal sounds, DAW parameters, and VST instruments.
- Sixty-one key music synthesizer
- 1,000+ voices from the Yamaha MOTIF XS workstation keyboard
- Includes FM Essential, an iOS FM synthesizer app with effects, drum loops, and more
- Class-compliant USB Audio/MIDI for true "plug and play" connectivity without the need to install any drivers
- Motif Sound Engine - layer, zone, switch, cycle, randomize and control up to eight elements within a single voice
- Virtual Circuit Modeling recreates the sound and behavior of vintage effects and signal processors
- 128-note polyphony ensures dropout-free performance playing live or with full sixteen-track sequences
- Damper Resonance DSP recreates the sound of the inside of a grand piano when the dampers are off the strings
- Record/playback stereo audio and sixteen channels of MIDI data via a single USB cable without any external devices
- DAW Remote controls the transport, mixer, and software instruments directly from the front-panel controls
- The USB "TO DEVICE" port allows connection of USB flash drives for loading and storing data
- Stereo mini (3.5mm) auxiliary-line input allows for connecting and hearing mobile devices, tablets, and more through the instrument
- Sound Engine Type(s): Motif sound engine
- Number of Keys: 61
- Type of Keys: Synth, touch sensitive
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod Wheel
- Polyphony: 128
- Number of Presets: 1,106 voices, 61 drum kits; 128 user voices, 8 user drum kits
- Effects Types: Phaser, Flanger, Wah, Vintage modeling, Reverb, Delay (expandable via iOS FM app)
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Sequencer: 208 patterns, SMF Format 0 (playback only)
- Audio Recording: 2-track stereo
- Memory: 166 MB
- Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/8" (aux in)
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (main out)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 x Type B, 1 x Type A
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
- Pedal Inputs: 2 x 1/4" (sustain, controller)
- Software: Cubase AI included, FM Essential iOS synth app
- Power Supply: 12V DC power supply (included)
- Height: 4.4"
- Width: 38.7"
- Depth: 11.7"
- Weight: 10.6 lbs.
Paying later with Klarna.
We've partnered up with Klarna to provide you with a flexible payment plan and make your purchases easy and comfortable
Because we believe in giving you the power to control your web content.
It's Quick and easy!
When you divide your payments with klarna, you will know with detail your monthly payment and your total. You will receive a instant answer on your application and there is no need for a debit or credit card.
Visit our tutorial page to learn how to apply:
What are the terms and conditions?
When it comes to service, you'll be glad you bought your item at Hermes Music.
- 14 days for exchanges and returns, the duration of the guarantee with the manufacturer is established by the manufacturer.
- Proof of purchase is required when making a claim for any manufacturer.
- Warranty claims sent to Hermes Music take 2-4 business days to process and replacement depends on manufacturer findings after the product is sent to them.
- Shipping cost varies by manufacturer.
- Some manufacturers require the customer to contact them directly for warranty claims.
- Hermes Music provides excellent customer service and we will do our best to assist on warranty claims.
Changes and refunds are subject to a 20% restocking fee, items that are returned within the time indicated, in their original condition, and with all components can be considered case by case for a 100% refund.
Click to read more...
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.