The AKG D5S is a dynamic directional microphone (pressure gradient microphone). It was specially developed as a microphone to capture the voice in harsh conditions of the live performance. The wide frequency response of the D5S that slightly accentuates the medium and high frequencies guarantees a good speech intelligibility.
The microphone has a supercardioid directional characteristic, that is, the D5S is the most sensitive to the sound coming from the front, while reacting only to the sound coming from the sides and back. This directional characteristic is approximately equal in all frequencies, that is, from the lowest to the highest sounds.
- Directional: Supercardioid
- Frequency range: 70 - 20000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 2.6 mV / Pa (-52 dB referred to 1 V / Pa)
- Sound pressure limit for nonlinear distortion factor of 1% / 3%: 147/156 dB SPL
- Equivalent noise level: 18 dB (A) according to DIN 45412
- Electrical impedance at 1000 Hz:? 600 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: 2000 ohm
- Connector Type: 3-pole XLR
- Surface: Matt bluish gray
- Length: 185.2 mm
- Diameter: 51 mm
- Net weight 340 g
- Gross Weight: 655 g
- Patents: Membrane D