Bringing to life the vision of one of the most respected guitarists in the world, the Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Thinline is the perfect marriage between a semi-hollow body and a traditional Stratocaster. Johnson is famous in guitar circles for questing for his ideal tone—liquid and articulate, it perfectly complements the playing style that earned his place in the modern guitar pantheon.
In 2015 he approached us to co-design a lightweight, resonant instrument that combines the tones of his favorite semi-hollowbody guitars and his Stratocaster. Two years later, we hit the formula for tonal nirvana with the Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Thinline.
- Semi-hollow alder body and top; nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Three Eric Johnson single-coil Stratocaster pickups
- Custom quartersawn “’57 Soft V”-shaped one-piece maple neck; 12”-radius maple fingerboard; 21 medium-jumbo frets
- Vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge and staggered tuning machines
- Includes custom hardshell case
SEMI-HOLLOW 2-PIECE BODY
We tested many configurations before Johnson settled on the lightweight capped alder body. With custom chambers and traditional Strat contours this guitar looks as good as it plays.
NITROCELLULOSE LACQUER FINISH
The nitrocellulose lacquer finish not only lets the body breathe with its true tonal character, it also ages and wears in a distinctively personal way.
ERIC JOHNSON SINGLE-COIL PICKUPS
Fender's R&D engineers worked closely with Johnson to craft the perfect pickups for his uniquely articulate sound. Carefully blending our legacy with EJ's discerning sonic tastes, these Stratocaster pickups are a key element of his tone.
STAGGERED VINTAGE-STYLE TUNING MACHINES
Not only do these tuning machines have a cool vintage look, they also create optimal string break angle at the nut, removing the need for string trees.
NO REAR TREMOLO COVER
Matching Johnson’s own specs, his signature Stratocaster has no tremolo cavity cover on the back and no screw holes for one.
- Body Material: Semi-Hollow Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Soft "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Bridge Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Middle Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Neck Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-Coil with Countersunk Mounting Screws
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Staggered
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Legal Notice: Product Prices, Features, Specifications and Availability Are Subject To Change Without Notice
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Blonde Hardshell with Black Ends (Black Interior)
Paying later with Klarna.
We've partnered up with Klarna to provide you with a flexible payment plan and make your purchases easy and comfortable
Because we believe in giving you the power to control your web content.
It's Quick and easy!
When you divide your payments with klarna, you will know with detail your monthly payment and your total. You will receive a instant answer on your application and there is no need for a debit or credit card.
Visit our tutorial page to learn how to apply:
What are the terms and conditions?
When it comes to service, you'll be glad you bought your item at Hermes Music.
- 14 days for exchanges and returns, the duration of the guarantee with the manufacturer is established by the manufacturer.
- Proof of purchase is required when making a claim for any manufacturer.
- Warranty claims sent to Hermes Music take 2-4 business days to process and replacement depends on manufacturer findings after the product is sent to them.
- Shipping cost varies by manufacturer.
- Some manufacturers require the customer to contact them directly for warranty claims.
- Hermes Music provides excellent customer service and we will do our best to assist on warranty claims.
Changes and refunds are subject to a 20% restocking fee, items that are returned within the time indicated, in their original condition, and with all components can be considered case by case for a 100% refund.
Click to read more...
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.