Experience the same musical support as if a pro drummer were sitting in on your session. The KR-55 Pro gives you an easy way to enjoy jam sessions with the backing of real drum/percussion sounds. It provides a rich variety of input jacks, mixer functionality, effects, and equalizer, as well as a versatile recorder that can record to an SD card. The intuitive interface means that there’s no need for complex programming. Battery-powered operation allows complete mobility from desktop to street performances, or use in a variety of situations including live events in small spaces.
The KR-55 Pro features “Real Groove Technology” which uses data recorded from actual professional musicians performing at various tempi, and is a completely different technology than conventional rhythm machines. There are a total of 24 high-quality rhythm styles, each fine tuned to provide the best possible feel, to accurately reproduce the experience of playing with a percussionist. The sounds, grooves, and phrases will play back at pristine quality even if you change the tempo, so you can enjoy playing serious jam sessions at your own pace.
Each rhythm style includes a wide variety of patterns: two variations in addition to basic, fill-in 1, and fill-in 2. This means that the KR-55 Pro can provide the accompaniment for an entire song. By using the chain function, which lets you put together and memorize a different rhythm style for each measure, you can freely create even complex rhythm tracks. Up to 30 banks of chains can be stored, and each chain can be up to 999 measures long.
The KR-55 Pro features “Acoustage,” proprietary virtual surround technology developed by Korg. This generates a wide stereo effect that appears to originate from locations that are broadly separated between left and right. (Note: Depending on the speakers, it might be difficult to notice this effect.)
* What is Acoustage (Virtual Surround Technology)?
This is KORG’s original and revolutionary virtual surround technology that can create a unique personal acoustic space. Using only front stereo speakers, it can generate a three-dimensional acoustic experience that is unobtainable from previous systems.
- Rhythm Styles
- 24 rhythm styles, two variations for each rhythm style, each variation has three patterns (basic, fill-in 1, fill-in 2), ending
- 48–240 bpm
- Rhythm Chain function
- 30 banks (up to 999 measures can be registered in each)
- Recording format
- PCM audio WAV format (file name extension .wav), 44.1 kHz, 16-bit
- Recording time
- Depends on the SD card used; approximately 100 minutes per 1 GB
- Maximum continuous recording time
- 3 hours
- Number of songs
- Maximum 50
- Number of multitrack recordings
- Depends on the remaining free capacity of the SD card
- Playback formats
- PCM audio WAV format (file name extension .wav) 44.1 kHz, 16-bit, Stereo
- Maximum data size (time)
- Depends on the memory card used; approximately 100 minutes per 1 GB (for WAV data)
- Maximum number of data files (number of folders)
- Up to 99 songs (per folder); a total of eight folders M1–M8 inside the PLAYER folder can be used.
- Playlist function
- 10 banks (up to 24 songs can be registered in each)
- Reverb effect
- BASS, TREBLE
- ACOUSTAGE (wide stereo effect)
- 12-note equal temperament
- 435–445 Hz
- Tuning Guide tone
- Three types (guitar, bass, piano)
- 7-segment four-digit LED
- Usable cards
- SDHC card 4 GB–32 GB (recommendation)
- MIC IN jacks
- XLR-3-32 type (balanced), input impedance 4.7k ohm, nominal level -43 dBV
- INPUT 1 jack, INPUT 2 jack (guitar, bass)
- 1/4" (6.3 mm) monaural phone jack (unbalanced), input impedance 1M ohm, nominal level -26 dBV
- AUX INPUT jack
- 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo mini-phone jack (unbalanced), input impedance 10k ohm, nominal level -17 dBV
- FOOT SW jack
- 1/4” (6.3 mm) stereo phone jack, usable foot switch: VOX VFS5 foot switch
- LINE OUT L/R jack
- 1/4" (6.3 mm) monaural phone jack (unbalanced), maximum Level: 0dBV 30mW 32 ohm
- HEADPHONE jack
- 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo mini-phone jack, maximum Level: 0dBV 30mW 32 ohm
- Power Supply
- DC 9V, six AA batteries (alkaline or nickel-metal hydride are supported)
- Battery Life
- Approximately 7 hours (when using alkaline batteries or nickel-metal hydride batteries)
- * Varies depending on the batteries used and the conditions of use
- Current Consumption
- 330m A
- 244 x 220 x 68 mm / 9.61" × 8.66" × 2.68"
- 1.4 kg / 3.09 lbs. (without batteries)
- AC adapter (DC 9V)
- VOX VFS5 Foot switch
Paying later with Klarna.
We've partnered up with Klarna to provide you with a flexible payment plan and make your purchases easy and comfortable
Because we believe in giving you the power to control your web content.
It's Quick and easy!
When you divide your payments with klarna, you will know with detail your monthly payment and your total. You will receive a instant answer on your application and there is no need for a debit or credit card.
Visit our tutorial page to learn how to apply:
What are the terms and conditions?
When it comes to service, you'll be glad you bought your item at Hermes Music.
- 14 days for exchanges and returns, the duration of the guarantee with the manufacturer is established by the manufacturer.
- Proof of purchase is required when making a claim for any manufacturer.
- Warranty claims sent to Hermes Music take 2-4 business days to process and replacement depends on manufacturer findings after the product is sent to them.
- Shipping cost varies by manufacturer.
- Some manufacturers require the customer to contact them directly for warranty claims.
- Hermes Music provides excellent customer service and we will do our best to assist on warranty claims.
Changes and refunds are subject to a 20% restocking fee, items that are returned within the time indicated, in their original condition, and with all components can be considered case by case for a 100% refund.
Click to read more...
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.