- DESCRIPTION |
The Peavey 18“ Low Rider Subwoofer is high power, has a capacity of 1,600 W and offers an extra long excursion cone for a clean and deep bass sound. It can be used with any high power sound system, from DJ equipment to large shows.
The Low Rider uses a strong and resistant impregnated Kevlar cone and a motion control for the asymmetric M-excursion. The high quality spring terminals, which accept large caliber cables, are connected to large diameter and high current tinsel wires with silver solder to resist high currents, high temperatures and long excursions.
The massive voice coil uses copper tape wire insulated with polyamide, bordered and attached to a durable and heat resistant polyamide compound former. The length of the coil is 1.15 ", providing a large surface to dissipate heat, and also leads the cone to a much higher excursion. The coil is coated with a resistant thermosetting resin for durability resistant to abrasion and heat dissipation.
The coil wires are welded to the high conductivity OFHC copper ribbon conductors, which is located inside the previous assembly. The welding joint is coated with a special thermal silicone adhesive, conductive for encapsulation and heat dissipation. The voice coil assembly is attached to the Kevlar cone and Nomex resistant progressive roll, plasticized, using a thermosetting resin. The envelope is attached to the frame with a strong, hardened cyanoacrylate adhesive, which is also used to attach the dust cap to the cone. The magnet structure was designed using finite modeling of the finite element computer.
The back plate / pole piece is cold forged from a single massive nozzle made of ultra-low carbon steel, includes a focused geometric field and is lowered to allow long coil travel. The pole is placed beyond the front plate to improve the cooling of the coil and make it magnetically linear. The front plate is 10 mm thick, to match the long voice coil and provide a good path for heat and magnetic energy. The result is 50% more energy than the magnetic separation magnet assembly structure of the standard Super Black Widow.
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Power Capacity: 3200 Peak 1600 W Program 800 W Continuous
- Sensitivity: 93.7 dB / 1 W 1 m
- Usable Freq. Range: 25 Hz ~ 1 kHz
- Cone: Kevlar® impregnated cellulose
- Voice Coil Diameter: 4.0"/ 100 mm
- Voice Coil Material: Polyimide coated copper ribbon wire Polyimide-impregnated fiberglass former Nomex® stiffener Solderless diffusion welded OFHC copper leads
- Net weight: 22 lbs./ 10 kg
- Znom (ohms): 8
- Revc (ohms): 6.21
- Sd (Square Meters): 0.134
- BL (T/M): 22.17
- Fo (Hz): 28.9
- Vas (liters): 288.0
- Cms (uM/N): 113.3
- Mms (gm): 198.20
- Qms: 9.07
- Qes: 0.451
- Qts: 0.429
- Xmax (mm): 9.6
- Le (mH): 0.87
- SPL (1W 1m): 96.0
- No (%): 2.65%
- Vd (cu. in. /ml): 145/2375
- Pmax (Watts pgm.): 1600
- Disp (cu.in./ml): 235/3852
- Weight Unpacked: 21.94 lb(9.95 kg)
- Weight Packed: 28.00 lb(12.7 kg)
- Width Packed: 20.079"(51.00066 cm)
- Height Packed: 20.866"(52.99964 cm)
- Depth Packed: 8.268"(21.00072 cm)